1. SolarWinds Supply Chain Attack: A cyber-espionage campaign targeting the software supply chain affected multiple organizations, including government agencies and private companies.
2. Colonial Pipeline Ransomware Attack: A ransomware attack on one of the largest fuel pipeline operators in the U.S. led to a shutdown, causing fuel shortages and impacting the East Coast.
3. Microsoft Exchange Server Vulnerabilities: Hafnium, a state-sponsored group, exploited vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange servers, affecting thousands of organizations worldwide.
4. JBS Ransomware Attack: The world’s largest meat processing company, JBS, was targeted by ransomware, leading to temporary shutdowns of their plants globally.
5. Accellion Data Breach: A 20-year-old file-sharing software called Accellion fell victim to cybercriminals, resulting in data breaches for numerous organizations worldwide.
6. Kaseya Supply Chain Attack: Cybercriminals exploited a vulnerability in Kaseya’s software update process to launch a massive ransomware attack on managed service providers and their clients.
7. WhatsApp Pegasus Spyware Exploitation: Researchers discovered that the Pegasus spyware, developed by Israeli firm NSO Group, was used to exploit vulnerabilities in WhatsApp to target journalists, activists, and politicians worldwide.
8. T-Mobile Data Breach: T-Mobile, a major U.S. telecommunications company, experienced a data breach that exposed personal information of millions of customers and potential customers.
9. Facebook Data Leak: Over 530 million Facebook users had their personal information, including phone numbers and other details, exposed in a large-scale data leak.
10. CNA Financial Cyber Insurance Attack: CNA Financial, one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S., suffered a ransomware attack, impacting its operations and potentially exposing sensitive customer data.